Monday, April 6, 2009

Just dessert

Want to know when the Hockey Gods are looking out for you? When someone trying to take advantage of you ends up with the short end of the stick.

Just ask Hound Central 4.0 reader Dave, who wins March's Win this Auto contest and this Blackhawks pucks signed by Chicago native Eddie Olczyk for sharing a slice of Chicago with this tale involving a ticket scalper and the Chicago Blackhawks:

"I was visiting Chicago in 1992 and had never seen a game at Chicago Stadium. I bought a restricted-view ticket from a scalper.

"Walked down my row and saw a huge concrete pillar getting closer but luckily my seat number happened to be right beside the obstruction. Still had a view of the ice.

"The gentleman who sold me the ticket came down the row asking me, “Is that the ticket I sold you?” I gladly showed him my ticket. “Ah (expletive deleted)!” he exclaimed, realizing he would be straddling a 2-foot-wide pillar the entire game.

"Good times."


See what happens when the Hockey Gods intervene? The scalper believed he was unloading a near-worthless ducat, pocketing some beer money in the process. Instead, he ends up with the bad seat. A fitting end, if you ask me.

Now, if Dave would send me an e-mail (found on my profile) with a mailing address, we'll get this process moving along.

Don't forget about April's Win this Auto contest. You've heard of Atlanta's Ilya Kovalchuk, right?

No comments: