Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Change of heart?

From what I heard, hotel check-in time proved the best time to snag autographs from the Chicago Blackhawks. Arriving about 5:30 p.m. Monday for Tuesday's 7:30 p.m. game with the Lightning, most very player signed, including All Star defenseman Brian Campbell.

Seeing that I didn't get this puck signed until Tuesday afternoon, as Campbell made his way to the St. Pete Times Forum for the game, I should consider myself lucky.

More than one person told me earlier Tuesday, during morning skate traffic, that Campbell announced that he fulfilled his signing obligations in Monday's opportunity. This Ottawa 67's puck, I suppose, shows how quickly things can change.

In the interest of full disclosure, Colin's presence helped. Had Campbell not signed his team sheet, there's no guarantee he would have signed.

No comments: