Sunday, February 8, 2009

Worth the Weight

To be honest, I really didn't want to drive over to Tampa yesterday to hound the New York Islanders. Between rising early and heading into work, the imagined hassle of driving through Gasparilla Parade traffic and the promise of eight hours of televised hockey, it took a rock-solid reason for me to make the trip.

What motivated me? The prospect of getting the Islanders' Doug Weight to re-sign these pucks for the collection. He had signed during the Islanders' visit last October, but the signature came out pretty thin. Rather than having terrible-looking autographs, both were removed, using Goo Gone, from the pucks.

With the Islanders making their last trip of the season to Hockey Bay, and given Weight's vintage status, there were no guarantees I'd have another opportunity to have him sign these pucks.

I made sure, too, to use a fresher paint pen.

No comments: