Thursday, January 1, 2009

Loud and clear

Given that I'm his father, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that Colin needs to work a little on his patience. Having crunched deadlines for decades, I'm a sooner-rather-than-later kind of guy. And the apple, I'm afraid, didn't fall far from the tree.

Just ask Montreal's Patrice Brisebois, one of 17 players to sign Colin's team sheet before Tuesday's game against Tampa Bay.

It seems that the young man made repeated "Can you sign, please?" requests to the Canadiens defenseman before he responded "Can you be a little more patient, please?"

Properly scolded, and much to my relief, Colin waited his turn as Brisebois worked his way through pucks, cards and photos.

"Now," Brisebois said, turning to Colin, "I have time to sign for you."

Also signing the team sheet, the ninth of the 2008-09 season, were, in alphabetical order, Steve Begin, Matt D'Agostini, Bob Gainey, Josh Gorges, Jaroslav Halak, Roman Hamrlik, Doug Jarvis, Andrei Kostitsyn, Sergei Kostitsyn, Maxim Lapierre, Guillaume Latendresse, Ben Maxwell, Kirk Muller, Tomas Plekanic, Carey Price and Alex Tanguay.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your son reminds me of my nephew.

Great looking team sheet.

Brett

Puckhound said...

Oh, no.