Thursday, September 4, 2008

Getting back at it


More than anything else, this morning's trip over to Brandon to watch Tampa Bay Lightning players -- present and past -- hold an informal practice was a reward for spending the better part of this week in front of my computer (like I am now), working on Hound Central 4.0's annual best young players features.

I needed to feel the chill of a rink. I needed to hear pucks ringing off posts. And, I needed, no, make that wanted, to score a few more autographs before training camp commences Sept. 16 at the St. Pete Times Forum in Tampa. Besides, it had been a week since I last visited.

As you can see, my mission was accomplished.

The Lightning team jersey gained six signatures and another five pucks, including this one from Vinny Prospal, went into The Vault.

In all, I logged the first double-digit haul (11) of the young season, something I'm hoping happens on a regular basis.

So, who signed the jersey? Here's who:

Top photo (from left): Marty St. Louis, Karri Ramo, Mike Smith and Chris Gratton.

Middle photo (from left): Shane O'Brien and Olaf Kolzig.

Taking part in the session were Chris Dingman, Kolzig, O'Brien, Michel Ouellet, Nolan Pratt, Prospal, Ramo, Paul Ranger, Mark Recchi, Smith, St. Louis and Jason Ward. Also, new Lightning co-owner Oren Koules skated in the early part of the session.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

no more Richie?

Puckhound said...

Nope, didn't see him. V4 wasn't there, either.

Let me know, please, how you do on Friday.

Anonymous said...

Nice haul.

Looking forward to seeing how the season treats you.