Thursday, September 25, 2008

Sweet charity

Imagine my surprise, when digging through a bucket of sticks Sunday at the Lightning Foundation's fundraising table during the team's IceFest, that I found some that had been signed.

At first, I pulled out a New York Rangers stick signed by Petr Prucha. Then I saw a Buffalo Sabres stick, signed by Thomas Vanek. As tempting as it was, given my allegiances, I put it back.

Why? Take another look at the picture.

I stumbled upon this Atlanta Thrashers stick signed by Ilya Kovalchuk. And, for a $30 tax-deductible donation, the Thrashers stick represented a far better value than any other in the bucket.

Even better, there's plenty of room for a few other players -- Zach Bogosian, Tobias Enstrom and Kari Lehtonen among them -- when the Thrashers travel to Humidity Bay on Oct. 21.

No comments: