Saturday, September 27, 2008

Solid start

I swear I'm not being greedy, but these eight pucks from Tampa Bay's Olaf Kolzig, picked up over the past month at informal skates and training camp, represent 75 percent of my want list.

Coming into this season, Kolzig represented one of the bigger needs in the collection. Before these, all we had were two Washington Capitals eagle logo pucks. Foolishly, both were the same. The collection is much more diversified now.

Though I'd still like to add the Bolts' Prague Premiere, World Cup, German Olympic team, Portland Pirates and Tri-City Americans pucks, I'll wait a few months before approaching Kolzig again. He's a gracious signer, but there's plenty of time. The season hasn't even started.

Even if I never get another puck from Kolzig, this should stand as a pretty solid representation of his career.

No comments: