Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Ah, sweet relief

From where I'm sitting in air-conditioned comfort on yet another balmy days here in Humidity Bay, the five people who voted "no" in Hound Central 4.0's first poll of the season are either bald-faced liars or professional hockey players.

Even though I swung and missed, miscalculating the time that players would arrive at camp this morning, it was still refreshing to know that the 2008-09 hockey hounding season has finally arrived. So, too, did an overwhelming majority of participants.

Twenty-one out of 26 respondents, including myself, agreed that they, like the true fans we are, were going through hockey withdrawal this summer. That's a 4-to-1 margin.

As for those other five, well, they could be hockey players. I imagine it might take some doing, after a summer off chilling out far away from early morning check-ins in big cities, to get pumped back up for another season of hockey.

I'll tell you what, though. I'd trade places with them in heartbeat. Wouldn't you?

Question: Are you going through hockey withdrawal?

Yes: 21 out of 26 votes cast (80.8 percent)
No: 5 out of 26 cast (19.2 percent)

No comments: