Thursday, August 28, 2008

Fan Pack: Vancouver Canucks

Earlier this summer, I spent an e-mail blast to professional hockey teams from North America to Europe asking whether they provided -- free of charge -- fan packs or promotional materials.

At first, I got some bounceback e-mails from bad addresses. Then came e-mails stating that fan packs required a stamped, self-addressed envelope.

Yesterday, the wait ended, thanks to the Vancouver Canucks.

Here's my report:

Team: Vancouver Canucks
Date sent: Aug. 15
Date received: Aug. 27
Elapsed time: 12 days
Items received: five player cards perfect for signing: Jeff Cowan, Brad Isbister, Ryan Kesler (shown above), Mattias Ohlund and Byron Ritchie; and a team sticker.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha I just did the same thing last week and got my Canucks pack back yesterday too

Puckhound said...

Good for the Canucks. Did you get the same cards?

Sarah said...

They give out those cards at the rink too - if you go on one of the guided tours around GM place. I have that Kes one, my son chose Markus, and then they gave him a couple of extras too, and a Luongo trading card

Puckhound said...

It certainly sounds like the Canucks look out for the fans, either at home or across North America.

Thanks for sharing.