Saturday, August 23, 2008

The puck has dropped

The last thing I want to do as a blogger is disappoint the growing handful of people who take the time to stop by, either on a daily or weekly basis, this hockey-hounding site.

That's why, as of the moment I punch the "Publish Post" button, Hound Central 4.0, a journal of one hockey hound's pursuit of autographs, takes off -- officially -- for the 2008-09 NHL season.

As you can see, things still look the same. Content, for the most part, will follow an established pattern of multiple reports for every team. And the omnipresent poll will occupy the top of the sidebar. If it's not broken, why fix it?

So, what is new?

Astute readers will know I've already added to the project list, incorporating a Team Canada jersey and a trio of team helmets into the juggling act. I've also added a digital camera to my hounding bag, meaning I'll start posting pictures from hounding sessions. I promise, too, to make the Hockey Quiz a recurring feature.

For the most part, though, Hound Central 4.0 will continue with its inside information, hounding tips and, hopefully, its march toward becoming a must-read for hockey hounds and fans.

If I happen to fall short in any of these efforts, please don't hesitate to remind me.

As always, folks, thanks for stopping by.

No comments: