Friday, August 29, 2008

I'll take two


I cut my first deal of the season, telling Dallas' Brad Richards if he signed two items for me, I wouldn't ask him for another autograph during these informal skates.

As you can see, he held up his end of the bargain, becoming the only player to sign for me today. As a result, I'll be true to my word.

Richards became the first player to sign the Team Canada jersey (top photo). He also joined a work-in-progress 8x10 that cherry-picks members of the Lightning's 2004 Stanley Cup Champions squad.

There were other players taking part, including Tampa Bay's Vinny Lecavalier and Paul Ranger, at the Ice Sports Forum in Brandon. My work schedule, as well as the last day for a couple of copy desk colleagues, necessitated my early departure.

Given the quality of the player who signed, though, it's hard to be disappointed with only two autographs.

In case you're wondering, others skating today were Brian Bradley, Chris Gratton, Olaf Kolzig, Nolan Pratt, Mark Recchi, Mike Smith and Jason Ward.

No comments: