Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Oh, Cujo, grow up

Deep down inside, I should just be happy that Toronto goalie Curtis Joseph stopped to sign this Notre Dame Hounds prep school puck Tuesday morning as he made his way to Tuesday's morning skate.

But I can't. It's my duty as a hockey-hounding blogger to share this story:

After barking at us that he would sign -- "Just one, guys!" -- Lord Cujo, God's gift to hockey and self-appointed spokesman for his teammates, added this jewel:

"It ruins our days when we see you."

Oh, really? That's nice to know. I suggest hockey hounds all across North America put this information to good use.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Typical Cujo....

Retirement is only a few weeks away...

kc said...

I actually liked Cujo but this kinda changes my mind, Cujo is to you what Glenn Anderson is to me. Anderson has all those Cups but what would he have got without Gretky, Messier or Kurri? We're hounds not dealers, we just like the hobby and the stories of the successes. I agree with the above, retirement is coming then Curtis....Figure it out, the Leafs got Gerber for nothing, Kolzig and Toskla...You're done....

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised about Cujo. I hounded him and the Red Wings several years ago in Calgary at the team hotel before game time. Most of the Wings (Yzerman, Hull, Chelios etc)tried to avoid signing. Some even took cabs so they would not have to walk to the team bus. Cujo was the only player who signed for everybody. He stood outside the bus, made the bus wait for him and signed everything. That was several years ago. Maybe things have changed.

Drew said...

I never had a problem with Cujo either. However, I only had one shot at him and it was when he was in Phoenix, so he wasn't the main attraction for the hounds on that team.