Monday, May 11, 2009

One word: Certainly

Technically, I could hold the only two entrants to a serious violation of the "no more than 100 words" rule April's Win this Auto contest for a 2008-09 NHL Victory oversized card signed by Atlanta's Ilya Kovalchuk. Because I'm a nice guy (most of the time, that is), though, I'll cast that rule aside.

When it comes to deciding the question of whether Kovie deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as Washington's Alex Ovechkin and Pittsburgh's Evgeni Malkin, I'm not sure 1,000 words would be enough to adequately present a cogent argument.

But it was Bill, with his voluminous response, who wins the card, not so much for the depth and breadth of his entry, but for the extended analysis.

Rather than repeat Bill's winning response, you can read it here.

Now, if Bill will send me an e-mail, available at my profile, we'll get this card, signed during Atlanta's final visit to Hockey Bay during the 2008-09 NHL season, ready for delivery.

Don't forget, too, to enter May's contest.

No comments: